Mutton Dakbunglow - Turned out great! Very moist.. Today I am sharing this Mutton Dakbunglow! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 40 minutes!
You can cook Mutton Dakbunglow with 23 Ingredients and 12 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Mutton Dakbunglow:
- 500 gms curry cut mutton (with bone).
- 3-4 hard boiled eggs (number can vary as per requirement).
- 2 potatoes, diced.
- 1/2 cup yogurt (approx 150 gms).
- 1 big onion, chopped.
- 1 tomato, chopped.
- 5-6 garlic cloves, minced.
- 1 tea-spoon ginger paste.
- 1 tea-spoon garlic paste.
- 4-5 green chillis.
- 5-6 cardamom (elaichi).
- 4-5 cinnamon (dalchini).
- 5-6 cloves (laung).
- 1 nutmeg (javitri).
- 1 tsp cumin powder (jeera).
- 1 tsp coriander powder (dhaniya).
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder (or as per tolerance).
- 1/2 tsp Kashmiri chilli powder.
- 1 turmeric powder (haldi).
- 2 bay leaves (tej patta).
- 1/2 tsp whole cumin (gota jeera / sabut jeera).
- 3-4 tbsp oil (preferably mustard oil).
- salt (according to taste).
Step by step how to cook Mutton Dakbunglow:
- Marinate the mutton pieces for 3-4 hours with ginger-garlic paste, yogurt, 1/2 tea-spoon turmeric powder and salt..
- Heat oil in a pan and shallow fry the potato pieces adding little salt and turmeric powder. Once the potato turns light golden brown, remove for the pan and keep aside..
- Slit the boiled eggs vertically and rub with little turmeric powder and salt. Shallow fry the eggs and remove from the oil..
- Dry roast the garam masala (cinnamon, cardamom, clove and nutmeg) in a frying pan till the aroma of the spices starts coming. Make sure the spices don’t get burned. Now, remove the pan and let the spices cool down. Once it’s done, crush the spices roughly (but don’t make powder)..
- Again, heat oil in a pan and add bay leaves and whole cumin. Stir it and add chopped onion and minced garlic. Saute until the onion turns translucent..
- Now add chopped tomato, green chillies, cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, kashmiri chilli powder and salt and stir properly. You can sprinkle a little water and stir fry the mixture until the tomato becomes soft..
- Pour the marinated mutton and fried potato pieces into the mixture and mix properly. Add salt if required..
- Transfer the entire preparation from pan to a pressure cooker and add the crushed garam masala. Stir for 2 minutes and add 2 cups of hot water. Mix properly and cover the lid..
- Leave the pressure cooker on full flame for 5-6 whistles..
- Turn off the flame and let the pressure cool down. Open the lid and check if you have your desired gravy. If you want to add more gravy, add some more hot water and let it cook for another 5-6 minutes on full flame. Don’t add too much water as the gravy should be on thicker side..
- Now, lower the flame and add the eggs. Let it get cooked for another 5-6 minutes so that the gravy can get into the eggs properly..
- Turn off the flame and your Mutton Dakbunglow is ready to be served now..