Palitaw - Easy to do and Very moist even after warming up leftovers the next day!. Today I am sharing this Palitaw! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 35 minutes! Palitaw is a term used to call a sweet flat rice cake that is eaten in the Philippines as a snack or dessert. Originally, grounded or pounded sticky rice is used to make this rice cake (called kakanin in. Palitaw is the weirdest and most addicting little snack that I've probably ever had. Palitaw is actually glutinous rice flour and water mixed into a dough, rolled into balls, boiled until they're soft and kind of. Palitaw made with glutinous rice flour, grated coconut, sesame seeds, and sugar.
Soft and chewy, this Filipino rice cake is delicious as snack or dessert. Palitaw is probably one of the easiest kakanins or Philippine Rice cakes to make, This is best served with hot tea or coffee. Palitaw is a Filipino afternoon snack or 'merienda' that consist mainly of glutinous rice coated with grated coconut and sugar and sometimes roasted sesame seeds.
You can cook Palitaw with 5 Ingredients and 6 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Palitaw:
- 500 grams rice flour.
- 100 grams white sugar.
- 70 ml sesame seeds (fried).
- 1 whole fresh grated coconut.
- 1 cup of water.
Palitaw (from litaw, the Tagalog word for float or rise) is a small, flat, sweet rice cake eaten in the Philippines. They are made from galapong - washed, soaked, and ground malagkit (sticky rice). Palitaw Recipe is a small, flat, sweet rice cake eaten and a favorite afternoon snack in the Philippines. Palitaw is consisting of malagkit or sticky rice, washed, soaked.
Step by step how to cook Palitaw:
- In a medium bowl mix the rice flour and water together, don't make it too wet or too dry..
- Make a bite size ball from your rice flour mixture..
- Make a flat appearance of your rice flour ball using your palm before putting it into boiling water..
- Wait until it totally float..
- Get it from the pot and let it lay into grated coconut and put it into a plate..
- Before serving, sprinkle it with white sugar and top it with small amount of fried sesame seeds and enjoy..
Rice is not just for mealtime! Palitaw got its name from its cooking process. To float translates to palitaw in Filipino. The entire cooking process of palitaw is very easy and most kids, mainly in the province, gladly volunteer to help. 🎦 Palitaw. Find palitaw stock images in HD and millions of other royalty-free stock photos, illustrations and vectors in the Shutterstock collection.