Potato Tacos with Hot Tomato Sauce - It turned out very good but i think i could have cooked it a little longer.. Today I am sharing this Potato Tacos with Hot Tomato Sauce! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 45 minutes!
You can cook Potato Tacos with Hot Tomato Sauce with 8 Ingredients and 14 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Potato Tacos with Hot Tomato Sauce:
- 8 medium gold potatos.
- 3 small tomatos.
- 1 small jalopeno.
- water- read directions.
- 1 clove garlic.
- 1 packages tortillas 30 count soft white corn.
Step by step how to cook Potato Tacos with Hot Tomato Sauce:
- boil potatos in water ( just enough to cover the potatos).
- start boiling the tomato and chile for the sauce(enough to cover the tomato and chile).
- once the potatos peel of easily or if you can easily slide a fork through the potatos then they are ready to mash. Next drain them in a strainer (at this time you can turn off the boiling tomatos and jalopeno and you will make the tomato salsa with these at the very end).
- (so you wont get burned put the potatos back in the pan with cold water and peel the potatos ).
- place peeled potatoes in a seperate dry pan.
- get one potato from the dry pan and place in blender- now combine a tablespoon of salt, half a clove of garlic, a little bit of water, and 1tsp of cumin (after its liquified taste to see if it needs salt) add more if needed.
- add the potatoe mix thats in the blender onto the dry pan of potatoes and start mashing.
- heat up the griddle to medium high and start heating up all of your soft tortillas( since one serving for us is 4 tacos per person and there was 6 of us we heated up 24 tortillas).
- fill up all your tacos with some of the mashed potato.
- Next, place oil in cooking pan on medium high.
- start frying the taco until its golden brown on one side and then flip with tongs and do the same...after place in a dry plate or pan on top of a napkin.
- lastly, make the hot tomato salsa to eat with your tacos- in the blender place the boiled tomatoes and jalopeno with a tablespoon of salt, half a clove of garlic, and 1tsp of cumin. Blend.
- serve tacos on a plate and place hot salsa on a small container and allow your family to serve themselves as much salsa as they want... (If you want the salsa very hot add one more jalopeno to boil on step 2).