Sausage rolls - It turned out very good but i think i could have cooked it a little longer.. Today I am sharing this Sausage rolls! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 35 minutes! A sausage roll is a savoury pastry snack, popular in Commonwealth nations. They are sold at retail outlets and are also available from bakeries as a take-away food. A miniature version can be served as buffet or party food. Sausage rolls are Australia's answer to America's Pigs in a Blanket - but (I'm going to say it!!) So much better!!! A juicy homemade sausage mixture wrapped in puff pastry.
Sausage rolls are perfect for family get-togethers and parties with friends. Super-easy to make and Sausage rolls get a kick from Tabasco and Worcestershire sauce. Whip them up for a party and.
You can cook Sausage rolls with 6 Ingredients and 9 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Sausage rolls:
- 1 slice bread for each sausage.
- Number of sausages is upon you to decide.
- 2 eggs.
- 1 pinch salt.
- Cooking oil.
- Some wheat flour.
I hope you enjoy this easy Sausage Rolls recipe! Roll dough around the sausage, and seal with a bit of beaten egg. Place rolls onto an ungreased baking sheet, and brush the tops with the rest. Sausage rolls are classic pub food for a reason.
Step by step how to cook Sausage rolls:
- Heat your cooking oil in the deep frying pan to deep fry the oil. Don’t wait for the oil to become too hot before adding your sausages. You need them to cook well in the inside.
- As your sausages cook, take your rolling pin and board, roll out your bread slices to flatten them as much as you can.
- Break your two eggs in a wide bowl, add a pinch of salt and stir.
- Once your sausages are ready, remove them out and turn the gas heat to low level as you start working on the sausage rolls.
- Take the sausage, coat it with flour, dip it in the egg. In the mean time turn up the heat on your gas.
- Take one of the slices and roll it over the sausage, coat with the egg mix then transfer it to your pan to deep fry until brown.
- Repeat the same for all the sausages.
- Serve with a cup of tea / coffee or juice..
- It is a good snack for kids now that they are on holiday plus it os something they can do by themselves under supervision because of the hot oil.
These flaky pastries stuffed with spiced sausage bake up golden brown and are delicious. Roll out purchased puff pastry dough or make your own and. Beef sausage rolls made with puff pastry - Quick, Easy and a Crowd Pleaser. Great as a snack, appetizer or Breakfast. Sausage Rolls are a must-have for potlucks, Game Day parties, and holiday gatherings.