Seasoned and cheesy smashed potatoes - It turned out very good but i think i could have cooked it a little longer.. Today I am sharing this Seasoned and cheesy smashed potatoes! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 45 minutes! Drain and return potatoes to the hot pot. Cream cheese makes these mashed potatoes extra rich and creamy. In a large pot, cover potatoes with water and season with salt. Somewhere between buttery mashed potatoes and pure melted cheese lies aligot, the comforting, cheese-enhanced mashed-potato dish from central France. If necessary, turn the heat up a little.
These cheesy smashed potatoes are crisp on the outside with a creamy center and irresistible cheesy crust. Watch the video recipe for how to make Make-Ahead Tip: You can boil the potatoes a day ahead, cool to room temp then cover and refrigerate overnight. These mashed potatoes are really easy to make and turn out perfect every time.
You can cook Seasoned and cheesy smashed potatoes with 12 Ingredients and 9 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Seasoned and cheesy smashed potatoes:
- 6-8 Yukon gold potatoes.
- 1/4 sweet onion.
- 4 Garlic cloves.
- 2 cups Buttermilk.
- 2 oz Aged cheddar cheese.
- 6 oz sharp cheddar cheese.
- 1/4 bar cream cheese.
- 1 tbsp Montreal seasoning.
- 2 tsp dried chives.
- 1 tsp granulated garlic.
- 2 tsp paprika.
- 1/2 stick butter.
The flavor of these cream cheese mashed potatoes is downright perfect! No seasonings needed thanks to cooking them in savory chicken broth and creaming them with real. Season with salt and pepper, and beat to desired consistency. Return mashed potatoes to pot, and place over medium heat.
Step by step how to cook Seasoned and cheesy smashed potatoes:
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Rough chop the potatoes and boil until a knife slips in and out easily..
- Finely chop the onion and garlic and sweat until translucent. When done remove from the heat and stir in the cream cheese..
- When the potatoes are done drain thoroughly and let cool slightly in a colander..
- Add butter to the pot the potatoes were cooked in and return the potatoes to the pot..
- With a potato masher mix the potatoes, butter, onion-garlic-cream cheese and dry spices..
- Start stirring in the buttermilk, you may not need all 2 cups. While adding the buttermilk grate in the aged cheddar. More can definitely be used that is just all I had on hand..
- Once the consistency is to your liking transfer to a greased casserole dish and stir in the remaining cheddar..
- Bake covered at 300° for 45 minutes. Uncover move to the top rack and bake for another 12 or so minutes to get a little color..
Try this deluxe cheese mashed potato recipe. With cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and sour cream, this decadent dish is sure to be a hit. The rich mixture of mashed potatoes, cream cheese, and sour cream in this cheese mashed potato recipe make for an extra. Place potatoes in a large stockpot and cover with cold water. Add salt and bring to a boil over high heat.