Traditional Filipino Flan - It was delicious !!!!! Easy to make and a crowd pleaser !!!. Today I am sharing this Traditional Filipino Flan! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 25 minutes!
You can cook Traditional Filipino Flan with 9 Ingredients and 7 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Traditional Filipino Flan:
- 12 large egg yolks.
- 1 can condensed milk.
- 1 can evaporated milk.
- 1 cup sugar.
- 1 tbsp vanilla.
- 1 dash lemon zest.
- 1 tbsp lemon extract or lemon juice.
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract.
- 2 tbsp water.
Step by step how to cook Traditional Filipino Flan:
- Separate egg yolks and save the whites for breakfast..
- Mix all ingredients exept the sugar together..
- Slowly heat the sugar, vanilla and water in a flan pan that has a hatch lock lid on it until the sugar caramelizes. Add more water as needed (very little) to speed up melting. You're just trying to coat the bottom and the sides of the flan pan. DO NOT OVERHEAT. SUGAR BURNS FAST..
- Once the sugar has coated your pan take off of the heat and let cool for five minutes or so..
- Pour mixture into the pan and lock down the lid. It should fill to about 3/4 of the pan. Set the pan inside a steamer and steam for about an hour, if you don't have a steamer put pan inside the oven at 350° sitting in another pan with water. Do not open pan until the time has passed but monitor your water level..
- When you remove the flan let it rest for about 5 to 7 minutes and slice around the sides of the pan to keep it from cracking as it cools. Let it rest another ten to twenty minutes more before you attempt to flip it onto a plate. The point is to keep the form but don't wait too long or the sugar can harden. You want the caramel to be liquid. You will get the feel for it..
- Refrigerate overnight for best results. Don't be surprised if you have to make this every day for a while..