Addictive Filipino Lumpia - Turned out great! Very moist.. Today I am sharing this Addictive Filipino Lumpia! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 30 minutes!
You can cook Addictive Filipino Lumpia with 15 Ingredients and 10 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Addictive Filipino Lumpia:
- 1 c carrots.
- 1 c celery.
- 1/2 c yellow onion.
- 1/2 c green peppers.
- 4-6 cloves garlic, depends on taste.
- 1 lb ground beef.
- 4 tsp dry chicken broth base (equivalent to 2 cups of broth).
- 2 tsp soy sauce.
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce.
- 1/2 tsp black pepper.
- 3/4 tsp salt.
- 3/4 tsp granulated sugar.
- 1/4 c bread crumbs.
- 2 pkgs of TYJ Spring Roll pastry (only found in Asian grocery).
- 2 eggs, separated.
Step by step how to cook Addictive Filipino Lumpia:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees..
- Let frozen TYJ Spring roll pastry thaw on countertop while the next steps are being prepared (approx 30 min).
- Using a food processor, pulse all of the vegetables (first 5 ingredients) together until finely minced but not pulverized..
- Place the beef, vegetables, 1 egg and all of the seasonings in a large mixing bowl. Thoroughly mix together with your hands for about 15 min. Fyi- It's best to use cooking gloves for this step..
- Once the TYJ spring roll pastry (wrapper) is thawed enough where you can easily separate the pieces, cut diagonally to create 50 triangular pieces per PKG. Separate each wrapper and set aside (100 wrappers). These must be ready before you start rolling..
- Prepare your rolling area by breaking the other egg in a bowl and using a large plate or cutting board to roll the individual piece..
- Place 1 tbsp of meat mixture along the wide part of the wrapper, then fold the two corners inwards over the meat and roll like a burrito using the egg as glue to seal the wrapper. Continue to make each wrapper until all 100 wrappers and meat mixture have been used..
- Bake 15 min on one side, then flip and bake for another 10 min. Let cool..
- FYI- Another option to cook, you can fry in med high oil for 2-4 min each side until golden brown..
- If you don't want to cook it all at one time, once prepared before baking you can freeze for up to 4 mths. Baking time remains the same..