Brad's shrimp and creamy polenta breakfast - It turned out very good but i think i could have cooked it a little longer.. Today I am sharing this Brad's shrimp and creamy polenta breakfast! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 20 minutes! Add wine and chicken stock and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer until liquid is reduced by Serve shrimp over polenta and garnish with remaining green onion greens. Made with fresh shrimp, spicy tomatoes and creamy cheesy polenta. Grits/polenta, do you think they are the same? Although I normally consider grits something I eat for breakfast (with lots of butter and salt and occasionally some brown sugar) and polenta something I eat as a. The Best Polenta Breakfast Recipes on Yummly
Breakfast Polenta Crostini With Ham & Wisconsin Asiago, Eggplant Ragu With Creamy Polenta In Seconds, Polenta Mash. Lamb Shank Confit with Raisins and Creamy PolentaOn dine chez Nanou. This Italian-style, "shrimp and grits" approaches the popular pairing from a Mediterranean point of view with tomatoes and herbs instead of cheese If the polenta has thickened/firmed up too much in the interim, stir in the reserved boiling water, a few tablespoons at a time, to make it smooth and soft again.
You can cook Brad's shrimp and creamy polenta breakfast with 20 Ingredients and 6 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Brad's shrimp and creamy polenta breakfast:
- For the shrimp.
- 1 lb lg shrimp, peeled, deveined, & butterflied.
- 2 tbs butter.
- to taste Cajun seasoning.
- 1/4 cup white wine.
- Squeeze lemon juice.
- For the polenta.
- 1 small onion, chopped.
- 1 jalapeño, deseeded, and minced.
- 1 clove garlic, minced.
- 1 cup fine ground cornmeal.
- 3 cups water.
- 1 cup whole milk.
- 3 tsp granulated chicken bouillon.
- Touch Cajun spice.
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese.
- Other ingredients.
- 4 eggs.
- Louisiana hot sauce.
- More shredded cheddar cheese to put on top of polenta.
Transfer shrimp and their juices to a bowl, then add crushed tomatoes to the skillet, along with garlic and salt to taste. Cook over medium heat until hot. Pour polenta into boiling mixture in a steady stream, whisking constantly. Continue to whisk until polenta thickens, approx.
Step by step how to cook Brad's shrimp and creamy polenta breakfast:
- Heat a large heavy bottomed pot. Add a touch of oil. Saute on medium low heat onion, jalapeño, and garlic until onions become translucent..
- Meanwhile, heat a LG non stick frying pan on medium heat. Add butter. When butter clarifies, add shrimp and Cajun spices. Saute 1 1/2 minutes. The butter will brown. Stir constantly. Add wine and lemon juice. Reduce liquid almost completely. Remove shrimp to a bowl and pour all of the pan sauce over the top. Wash pan to reuse..
- Once onion is sweated out, add water, milk, cajun spice, and chicken bouillon to the pot. Slowly bring to a boil..
- While this is happening, fry 2 eggs to your liking. I go Sunnyside up so the yolk soaks down onto the polenta..
- When pot is boiling slowly whisk in cornmeal. Stir constantly until polenta is soft and smooth without lumps..
- Plate polenta. Top with more cheese. Arrange shrimp around the outside. Top with eggs. Add hot sauce if desired. Serve immediately. Enjoy..
Check out our favorite polenta recipes, including creamy, cheesy polenta topped with pork ragù, mushroom Polenta adds corny, savory deliciousness to these light and sweet cookies. Shrimp scampi gets even more luxurious when served with polenta that's enriched with clam juice and cream. Shrimp and grits is a classic southern dish that I really enjoy. However I am a bit more partial to polenta and that is what I typically have in the house. This shrimp and polenta recipe was the backdrop for a recent dinner with our friend Leah.