Creamy Pork Pot Pie - . Today I am sharing this Creamy Pork Pot Pie! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 15 minutes! Homestyle Pork Pot Pie goes together quickly with the use of store-bought pie dough and leftover pork. It's comfort food for all and easy to make! Even though this pork pot pie feeds more than two people, it utilizes leftover pork which is another way to get more bang for your buck. This pork pot pie is a one-crust recipe that can be made with purchased pie dough, puff pastry, or this vodka pie crust that is easy to work with and bakes up tender and flaky. Water combines with the proteins in flour and can make a pie crust tough if you use too much.
Although I determine what foods will appear on our table each night, the whole family decides if the new dishes I try are winners or losers. Roll remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Cut slits in top crust and place over filling; seal and flute edges.
You can cook Creamy Pork Pot Pie with 20 Ingredients and 9 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Creamy Pork Pot Pie:
- 2-3/4 pound porkloin.
- 1-3/4 pound Yukon gold potatoes.
- 1 pound carrots.
- 2 large leeks.
- 8 ounces your favorite mushrooms.
- 1/2 cup smoked bacon cut small.
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper.
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic powder.
- 6 ounces heavy cream.
- 1 quart chicken broth.
- Thickening Paste.
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour.
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil.
- Pie crust.
- 4 cups all purpose flour + more for dusting.
- 2/3 cup butter flavored shortening very cold.
- 1 stick butter very cold.
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth very cold.
- 1 teaspoon salt.
Brush pastry with cream if desired. Easy slow cooker recipe with layers of potatoes, onions, and pork chops smothered in creamy sauce. A great dinner using some leftover pork loin. I have to make something new with leftovers or it is just not happening and this one I love.
Step by step how to cook Creamy Pork Pot Pie:
- Wash and dice the potatoes. Slice the carrots and mushrooms..
- Wash the leeks and slice thinly. Slice the bacon and fry. Cut the pork into bite sized pieces. Add the pork to the bacon and it's drippings..
- When the pork is seared, add the vegetables and mushrooms. Add salt to the flour and mix well..
- Grate the butter and shortening. Add to the flour and salt. Work it into the flour making it look like wet sand..
- When the flour, butter, and shortening is mixed add in the chicken broth. Mix and knead it. Roll 2/3 out big enough to fit a 9x13 pan..
- Fix the crust into the pan up on the sides to. Mix the olive oil and flour. Pour into the filling..
- Mix it well. Now add the chicken broth, and heavy cream. Simmer 3 minutes stirring constantly..
- Spoon the mixture into the crust. Roll out the top and put over the pot pie. Cut slits into the top. This allows steam to escape..
- Put into the oven for 30-35 minutes. Let rest 15 minutes and serve. I hope you enjoy!!!.
This pork stroganoff is the best kind of comfort food! Tender pork, with mushrooms and onions in a creamy sauce. It's delicious with no cans of soup! Cream rather than crème fraîche (sometimes crème fraîche can split, so I prefer to use cream - make sure it's double/heavy cream though - the higher the fat content, the less likely it is to split.) Crispy bacon lardons - Often these are crisped up, then cooked in the casserole with the pork, but I prefer to. One-Pot Creamy Chicken Pot Pie Noodles. by Natalie.