Filipino Adobo Chicken - It turned out very good but i think i could have cooked it a little longer.. Today I am sharing this Filipino Adobo Chicken! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 15 minutes!
You can cook Filipino Adobo Chicken with 18 Ingredients and 13 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Filipino Adobo Chicken:
- 2 lbs mixed chicken thighs and legs.
- 1 onion, sliced.
- 2 Tbsp canola oil.
- 1 Tbsp whole black peppercorns, smashed.
- 1 tsp powdered ginger.
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes.
- 4 bay leaves.
- 5 cloves garlic, minced.
- 2 Tbsp xiaoxing rice wine.
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce.
- 1/2 cup soy sauce.
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar.
- 1/2 cup chicken stock.
- 2 Tbsp unflavored gelatin.
- 3 medium potatoes, chunked.
- 1 carrot, diced.
- 2 spring onions, sliced.
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds.
Step by step how to cook Filipino Adobo Chicken:
- Prep your ingredients. Combine the soy, vinegar, and stock. If you have time marinate the chicken in this mixture for 2-3 hours before, but reserve the marinade when cooking the chicken..
- Dry the surface of your chicken with paper towels. This helps with browning later..
- Heat the oil in a Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add the chicken in 2 batches, skin side down..
- Sear until the chicken skin releases. ~10 min..
- Remove the first batch of chicken and set aside. Add the second batch and sear..
- Remove the second batch of chicken and deglaze the pan by adding the onions, xiaoxing, and fish sauce and scraping the pans bottom to get the fond up..
- Add the black pepper, ginger, red pepper, garlic and bay. Cook for 30 seconds..
- Add the soy, vinegar, stock solutions. If you marinated the chicken, add this reserved marinade..
- When the mixture come to a simmer add the chicken back to the pot.
- Add the potatoes and carrots on top and nestle into the liquid..
- Bring the pot to a simmer and then simmer covered on low for 40 minutes to cook the chicken and vegetables..
- Remove the cover and reduce the sauce for 10 minutes..
- Plate some jasmine rice and garnish with sesame and sliced green onion.