Filipino Beef Steak - It was delicious !!!!! Easy to make and a crowd pleaser !!!. Today I am sharing this Filipino Beef Steak! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 40 minutes! Bistek Tagalog is a type of Filipino beef stew. This is also known as Beefsteak to some people. In my opinion, there is a huge possibility that the term Bistek was derived from the words "beef steak". This quick and easy Filipino beef steak recipe takes very little time to make. When all the beef has been browned, pour the marinade into the skillet and bring to a slow boil and Slide the beef slices onto a serving plate, arrange the onion rings on top.
Make sure to pour all the. The smell of Filipino beef steak is enough to make one drool. I think it's safe to say we all grew up eating beef steak.
You can cook Filipino Beef Steak with 7 Ingredients and 7 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Filipino Beef Steak:
- Thin slices of beef steak.
- Large Onions.
- 2 Lemons.
- Brown Sugar.
- Soy Sauce.
- Corn starch.
Nothing beats the sight of tender slices of beef swimming in liquid gold marinade. If the Americans have Beef Steak, we Filipinos have Bistek, and we fondly call it "bistek tagalog". American steak dishes are big slabs of grilled meat while we enjoy ours in smaller and thinly sliced. This Filipino beef steak is hearty, tasty and perfect with steamed rice.
Step by step how to cook Filipino Beef Steak:
- Marinate beef steak slices in soy sauce and pepper. Squeeze out juice from the lemons to the marinade. Add brown sugar.
- Marinate for an hour.
- Heat pan with cooking oil and fry the beef slices without the marinade until they turn brown. Set aside..
- In the same pan, saute the onions cut in circular shape. Set aside..
- Saute chopped garlic. Add the marinade and then the beef steak. Cook until meat is tender.
- Dissolve a teaspoon of corn starch in water, then add to the mixture..
- Add onions on top of the tenderized beef steak..
Also known as beefsteak, it was adapted from the Spanish bistec encebollado to suit our local tastes and indigenous ingredients. Keywords: Entree, Bistek, Beefsteak, Beef Steak, Vegan, Filipino, Philippines. Tag @sweetsimplevegan on Instagram and hashtag it #sweetsimplevegan. Bistek or Bistek Tagalog is a Filipino version beef steak marinated in soy sauce and kalamansi When I was a kid, I thought that 'Bistek" is a Filipino way of tagalizing the English word "beefsteak". Filipino Beef steak Recipe aka Bistek.