Filipino Food Series: Bicho-Bicho, Shakoy - . Today I am sharing this Filipino Food Series: Bicho-Bicho, Shakoy! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 25 minutes!
You can cook Filipino Food Series: Bicho-Bicho, Shakoy with 8 Ingredients and 7 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Filipino Food Series: Bicho-Bicho, Shakoy:
- 1/4 cup butter melted.
- 3/4 cups milk.
- 3 tsp sugar (made this less sweeter but you can add depending on how sweet you want it l).
- 1 tsp salt.
- 2 cups all purpose flour.
- 1/2 cup glutinous rice flour (this is optional).
- 2 1/2 tsp dry active yeast.
- 1 cup vegetable Oil.
Step by step how to cook Filipino Food Series: Bicho-Bicho, Shakoy:
- Wet ingredients. Melt butter over Low fire then add milk, sugar and salt. Continue stirring until sugar and salt dissolves. Turn of the fire and set aside..
- Mix the dry ingredients. Mix the flour, glutinous flour and yeast together. Pour in the butter and milk to the mixture then fold and knead for 20 minutes..
- Add 2 tsp oil to the dough and let it rest for an hour to rise. When the dough doubled the size, punch the air, knead and then let it sit for another 30 minutes..
- Roll the dough and cut into 15 slices (size depends on the pan you will be using).
- Roll and twist the dough to make twisted donuts (I made twisted and oval shaped donuts for the cheese fillings).
- Pre-heat the pan and add oil. Fry the donuts in medium fire. Turn each sides until golden brown..
- Drizzle with sugar and serve!.