Greek Chicken and Potatoes - Easy to do and Very moist even after warming up leftovers the next day!. Today I am sharing this Greek Chicken and Potatoes! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 15 minutes!
You can cook Greek Chicken and Potatoes with 11 Ingredients and 10 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Greek Chicken and Potatoes:
- 5 lbs bone in, skinless chicken thighs, excess fat trimmed.
- 7 Yukon Gold Potatoes, peeled and cut into 2inch chunks.
- 1 3/4 TBSP Kosher salt.
- 2-2 1/2 TBSP dried oregano.
- 2 1/2 tsp black pepper.
- 2 1/2 tsp dried rosemary.
- 2 pinches cayenne pepper.
- 2 1/2 TBSP garlic powder.
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice.
- 1 1/4 cups olive oil.
- 1 and 2/3 cans garlic chicken broth+ splash to deglaze pan.
Step by step how to cook Greek Chicken and Potatoes:
- Preheat oven to °425.
- Mix all ingredients except for chicken, potatoes, and broth in a big measuring cup (or bowl) Microwave potato chunks for approximately 5-10 minutes, just enough to soften before baking..
- Place chicken and potato chunks in large bowl, and pour oil mixture over it. Stir to thoroughly coat all, and let sit about a half an hour for flavors to be absorbed..
- Lightly oil a large roasting pan and place chicken pieces in it, shaking off excess marinade. Then arrange potato chunks around chicken..
- Pour broth over all, then remaining marinade..
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, stir to evenly distribute juices, then continue baking until done, about 23 more minutes..
- Remove from oven and preheat broiler. Remove chicken to plate and wrap with foil to keep warm..
- Place pan with potatoes in broiler for about 3-5 minutes to caramelize, but check every 2 minutes or so to avoid burning..
- When potatoes are done to your likeness, remove from pan. Add splash of broth to pan and scrape brown bits, and deglaze for a few minutes. Serve chicken and potatoes drizzled with pan juices..
- Enjoy your fabulous meal!.