Grill Ahi Tuna Steak - . Today I am sharing this Grill Ahi Tuna Steak! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 25 minutes! Tuna steaks are a perfect candidate for grilling, and a sweet, tangy marinade keeps them moist and flavorful. The center should be raw, like sushi, or the tuna will be tough and dry. Cooking tuna steaks on the grill is the best way to make it taste crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. Grilled tuna steak recipes aren't limited to restaurants. After enjoying yellowfin tuna in southwest Florida, I came up with this recipe so I could enjoy the flavor of my favorite fish at home. —Jan Huntington, Painesville, Ohio.
Ahi tuna - the kind we sell at Omaha Steaks is yellowfin tuna, which is one of two species of ahi - is a high-quality, sought-after fish that chefs and Searing tuna steaks on the grill is so easy. Follow these instructions and cooking times to cook tuna in pan to medium-rare or cooked-through medium. Marinating for a while can cause the fish to taste saltier, as it will.
You can cook Grill Ahi Tuna Steak with 8 Ingredients and 8 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Grill Ahi Tuna Steak:
- 1 lb Ahi Tuna aprox.3 steaks 1 inch thick.
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgen.
- 1 tsp sesame oil.
- 2 tbsp soy sauce low sodium.
- 1/2 tsp fresh shredded ginger.
- 6 tbsp mix(gold and black) rosted sesame seeds.
- 1/2 tsp black pepper.
- 1/4 tsp salt.
Ahi Tuna Steak can be cooked on the grill. But, I've found it's best cooked pan seared. It doesn't matter what recipe you use. Generally, any Ahi Tuna Steak you find in the grocery store is fit to be cooked rare.
Step by step how to cook Grill Ahi Tuna Steak:
- Mix in a bowl oil soy sauce ginger and olive oil and salt..
- Seasoning the tuna steacks with black peper and set in the marinated for 10 minutes..
- In a large plate pour the rosted sesame seeds, grab each steacks of ahi tuna and cover with the sesame seeds..
- Use Flat Iron pan add 1 tbsp grape oil and heat until is a little smoke..
- After is smoke add the steaks and fried for 1 1/2 minute each side, the will cook only 1/4 inch each side has to be pink in the middle..
- Transfer the steak on a cutting board and sliced with sharp knife..
- Serve with green leaves salad and oriental dressing..
Give it a try and resist temptation to over-cook. Ahi tuna steaks are mostly grilled or seared to bring out the best in their flavour, but you can also bake them to reach a different texture. Ahi tuna is sold in form of large steaks or fillets that can be cooked in a similar fashion to beef steaks. Look for deep red tuna steaks with firm flesh. Learn how to make Grilled Ahi Tuna Steaks.