Indonesian KWETIAU SIRAM (Rice Noodles in Egg Gravy) - Turned out great! Very moist.. Today I am sharing this Indonesian KWETIAU SIRAM (Rice Noodles in Egg Gravy)! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 40 minutes!
You can cook Indonesian KWETIAU SIRAM (Rice Noodles in Egg Gravy) with 16 Ingredients and 6 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Indonesian KWETIAU SIRAM (Rice Noodles in Egg Gravy):
- 1 portion fresh flat rice noodles.
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce.
- Ingredients for gravy :.
- 1 clove garlic, minced.
- 1/4 onion, sliced lengthwise.
- 1 carrot, sliced.
- 1 celery, sliced.
- 6-7 broccoli florets.
- 6 shrimp,peeled and cleaned up the dirt.
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce.
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce.
- 3/4 teaspoon salt.
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar.
- 300 ml water.
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch, dissolved with 1 tablespoon water.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten.
Step by step how to cook Indonesian KWETIAU SIRAM (Rice Noodles in Egg Gravy):
- First, make sure the fresh rice noodles are at temperature. If the noodles are really cold and stiff from refrigeration, rinse them quickly under hot tap water when you are ready to stir-fry the dish. This extra step will help you avoid a big homogenous lump of noodles during stir-frying. Be sure to shake off any excess water after rinsing and use them immediately. If using dried rice noodles, soak in warm water for 15 minutes. Drain off water..
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a wok or skillet. When it's hot, toss the rice noodles with 1 tsp of soy sauce. Stir fry until the noodles started to soften and turn lightly brown and you might have some "char" spot. Remove from the wok and put on a serving plate..
- How to make the gravy : Wipe the wok clean and add 1 Tbsp of oil and saute garlic and onion until fragrant. Add in the vegetables and stir fry until they started to soften a little bit, about 1 minute. Add the shrimp and cook until the shrimp start to turn pink. Add the water, oyster sauce, soy sauce, salt, sugar, ground pepper and bring to a boil..
- Give the cornstarch solution a stir and then pour it in and continue to stir until the gravy gets thickened a little..
- Gradually pour in the beaten egg while one hand continue to stir. It's like making an egg drop soup. Have a taste and add more salt if needed..
- Pour the pipping hot thick gravy over the noodles. Serve immediately..