Little millets (Samai) payasam - Turned out great! Very moist.. Today I am sharing this Little millets (Samai) payasam! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 40 minutes! Millet payasam rich in fibre,iron ,magnesium,pottasium.lncrease hemoglobin,control sugar for diabetic pationts. Good for children andaged people also. Samai Payasam is very similar to our Paal Payasam. Instead of Rice we can use Samai (Little Millet), a Very healthy and alternate variety of Payasam. Samai or Sama or Little Millet is one of the ancient grains of India and also one of the most nutritious.
This millet porridge makes for a very healthy and Kids generally take to sweet dishes more easily than savory ones, so a kheer or payasam is a great way to get them to eat grains like sama, which. Little Millet Payasam Recipe is a millet payasam where lightly roasted little millet is cooked with jaggery syrup, cardamom to make a delicious payasam/kheer. In association with Preethi Kitchen Appliances.
You can cook Little millets (Samai) payasam with 9 Ingredients and 7 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Little millets (Samai) payasam:
- 1 cup Little millets -.
- 1/2 cup Moong dal -.
- 2 cups Jaggery -.
- Cashew nuts - 10 numbers.
- Dry grapes - 10 numbers.
- Ghee - 2 tsp.
- Cardamom - 1 tsp.
- 1 1/2 cups Milk -.
- 4 cups Water -.
Is little millet good for health? For humans, they release Glucose slowly into the blood stream as against highly processed Rice & wheat which release it very quickly. Millets are highly nutritious and rich in calcium, protein, fiber and the list goes on. Samai arisi sadam (little millet rice) is the healthy alternative for the regular rice as a meal.
Step by step how to cook Little millets (Samai) payasam:
- First dry roast the little millets and moong dal for two minutes then.
- Wash millets and moong dal and add both to pressure cooker with 3 cups of water and wait for 3 to 4 whistle.
- By the time heat a pan with one tablespoon of ghee and roast cashews and dry grapes and put aside.
- And add jaggery to pan and add 1cup of water to dissolve it then strain the water.
- Now once millets cooked add jaggery water and roasted grapes and cashews and cardamom and mix it well with medium flame.
- Switch off the flame wait for room temperature then add milk in this mixture and mix it well.
- Our little millets payasam is now ready serve.
Samai millet tastes very similar to regular rice along with some curry but it is lot more nutritious and healthier. This can be had by diabetic people or anyone who is on diet. Little Millet is known as Samai in Tamil, Same in Kannada, Kutki in Hindi, Sama in Telugu and Chama in Malayalam. This is one of my comfort food. Little millet, kodo millet (varagu) and barnyard millet (kuthiraivali) are more or less like eating rice, you will not know much difference.