Lumpia Family Style - . Today I am sharing this Lumpia Family Style! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 25 minutes!
You can cook Lumpia Family Style with 13 Ingredients and 8 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Lumpia Family Style:
- Filling basic:.
- 1 lb ground meat (beef, pork or chicken).
- 1 cup julienne green beans.
- 1 cup onion (chopped fine).
- 1 cup carrot (chopped fine or shredded) or 1 cup water chestnuts.
- 1 teaspoon powdered garlic.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper.
- 1 lb wrapper (8"x 8") Menlo is best. Don't rip any brand.
- 1 egg (beaten for sealing wrapper).
- 16 oz oil (vegetable, canola or peanut).
- Optional sauce (i.e. sweet chili sauce or Sriracha).
Step by step how to cook Lumpia Family Style:
- Prepare onion, carrots, etc by chopping fine - thin and small. Try to chop all the same size to cook evenly) In a large bowl mix the filling ingredients. If you want a stronger garlic flavor use minced instead of powdered)..
- This is a basic mix. Feel free to experiment by adding other things you think may blend well. If you don't like it don't include it in the next batch..
- Spread a wrapper, flat on a cutting board. Make a line of filling along one edge of the filling. If you have a forcing bag with a 1/2 inch plain tip, you'll save a lot of time. Otherwise grab a handful of the mix and form it into approx 1/2 inch tube shape 8" long (same as wrapper)..
- Roll the wrapper tightly around the filling. Stop about an inch short of the end and brush the egg wash along the length of the exposed wrapper remainder. The eggwash will keep the wrapper from coming apart. Then complete the roll..
- Cut the tube wrapper in thirds. The ends will have filler exposed which purists may sneer at but that's part of what takes gobs of time which this method eliminates..
- At this point you can cover and wait until you need to cook it or proceed directly with cooking. If you have a limited time to cook do the above the night before..
- In a medium frying pan, heat oil to approx 375 degrees. Test the oil by dipping a few in and letting them golden. The first few in the oil will help judge if the oil is too hot or cool. Cook the rolled wrappers until the outside is golden brown. There is a myth that the wrapper needs to float to prove it's done. That may be true for bigger lumpia, but not the small lumpia..
- One final step before serving, let the cooked lumpia rest for about 10 minutes. This will let the meat relax and juices mingle and reduce burned fingers and tongues. Enjoy. I'd say something about leftovers but this is rarely a concern..