Mustard-Glazed Black Cod with Fingerlings and Chive Puree - Easy to do and Very moist even after warming up leftovers the next day!. Today I am sharing this Mustard-Glazed Black Cod with Fingerlings and Chive Puree! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 15 minutes! Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Dijon mustard. olives. fingerling potatoes. black cod. baby spinach. Where's the full recipe - why can I only see the ingredients? I expected bold flavors from the olives and Dijon mustard, but the cod was fairly bland. The puree punched up the color; I augmented.
Learn how to make a Miso Glazed Black Cod recipe! Add the diced chilli to the purée. Beautifully Pan fried Cod dish with homemade Wholegrain Mustard sauce.
You can cook Mustard-Glazed Black Cod with Fingerlings and Chive Puree with 10 Ingredients and 4 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Mustard-Glazed Black Cod with Fingerlings and Chive Puree:
- 1 cup snipped chives.
- 1 cup baby spinach.
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil.
- 1 pound fingerling potatoes (gold potatoes also work).
- Kosher salt.
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped brown or green olives (I use Kalamata).
- 3/4 cup olive oil.
- 4 (6 ounce) skinless black cod fillets.
- Freshly ground pepper.
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard.
Place the potatoes trough a ricer to puree then add the cream and butter and season with salt add the chives. In the meantime, For the mustard sauce, pour the cream into a pan and season, to taste, with salt and. At the restaurant, the cod was served with a salsify purée. As salsify is hard to obtain, I combined Jerusalem artichokes and white turnips for a similar To make the purée, combine turnips, artichokes, milk, shallots, tarragon and thyme in a pot over medium heat.
Step by step how to cook Mustard-Glazed Black Cod with Fingerlings and Chive Puree:
- Preheat the broiler and position a rack 8 inches from the heat. Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add the chives and spinach and blanch for 30 seconds, just until bright green. Drain and rinse under cold water; squeeze dry. Transfer the chives and spinach to a blender. Add the extra-virgin olive oil and puree until smooth. Season with salt..
- Rinse out the saucepan and fill it with cold water. Add the potatoes and bring to a boil. Simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. Drain the potatoes and cut them into thin coins..
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the olives with the pure olive oil. Microwave at high power in 2-minute bursts until the olives are golden and crisp, 5 to 6 minutes depending on the microwave. Drain the olives and transfer to a paper towel–lined plate to cool. Reserve the oil for another use..
- Place the cod on a foil-lined baking sheet, brush with the mustard and season with salt and pepper. Broil for about 10 minutes, until the fish is cooked through and lightly browned on top; transfer to plates and spoon the potatoes alongside. Sprinkle with the olives, drizzle the chive puree all around and serve..
Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer. Sift the flour, salt, baking powder and mustard into a bowl. Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir into the flour mixture with the chopped chives. Add parsley mixture to mashed vegetables.