Roast Duck, Black Pudding and Fondant Potatoes - . Today I am sharing this Roast Duck, Black Pudding and Fondant Potatoes! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 45 minutes!
You can cook Roast Duck, Black Pudding and Fondant Potatoes with 20 Ingredients and 14 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Roast Duck, Black Pudding and Fondant Potatoes:
- for the duck.
- 1 Duck Crown, approx. 900g.
- 1 Baby Leek, sliced.
- 2 slice of Lemon.
- 8 Rashers of Smokey Bacon.
- 1 a handful of Spinach leaves, stalks removed.
- for the fondant potatoes.
- 500 ml Chicken Stock.
- 3 clove of Garlic, crushed with skins on.
- 100 grams Butter.
- 1 tsp Rosemary.
- 1 tsp Thyme.
- 2 medium to large Potatoes, halved, peeled and shaped.
- for the gravey.
- 2 tbsp Plain Flour.
- 300 ml Chicken Stock.
- 50 ml Red Wine.
- 4 slice of Black Pudding.
- 1 veg for accompaniment.
Step by step how to cook Roast Duck, Black Pudding and Fondant Potatoes:
- Pre-Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan..
- Season the Duck well and place on the spinach leaves to cover it..
- Place the lemon slices on top of the spinach and sprinkle over leek evenly..
- Place the bacon over the top, ensuring to cover completely. Place on a roasting tray and cook in the oven for approx. 1h - 1h10mins ( or to your liking).
- For the potatoes; heat the butter in a saucepan until foaming..
- Add the potatoes for 4-5mins or until browned. Flip over and repeat cooking till browned..
- Tip in the garlic and herbs followed by carefully pouring in the chicken stock. Pour in enough to cover 2/3rd's of the potatoes..
- Place a lid over, reduce heat to low and braise for about 25-30mins or until very soft..
- Check the cooking of the duck, 10mins before duck is removed from oven place the black pudding in to cook in the juices..
- Remove the duck to rest for 10-15mins..
- Remove black pudding, put aside and keep warm. Meanwhile, place the roasting pan on the hob and heat..
- Add the flour and cook out collecting juices..
- De-glaze using the red wine, then pour in the chicken stock, reducing to create the gravey..
- serve with chosen veg..