Shrimp in shrimp sauce - Turned out great! Very moist.. Today I am sharing this Shrimp in shrimp sauce! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 15 minutes! It takes a few seconds to make and it's tastes WAY better than store bought. You'll notice nice restaurant serves shrimp this way. The shrimp served with your cocktail sauce will be served cold, but thawed and with. This is the shrimp sauce found in Japanese steakhouses. It is sweet and pinkish-orangish in color.
Shrimp with lobster sauce is a classic takeout style dish that's a bit of a misnomer. There's really no lobster in the dish at all. This fact didn't stop millions of people from enjoying the dish at many Chinese restaurants over the years, however.
You can cook Shrimp in shrimp sauce with 19 Ingredients and 12 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Shrimp in shrimp sauce:
- 20 or so fresh shrimp.
- 1 leek, medium-sized, chopped.
- 1 rib celery, medium-sized, chopped.
- 1 carrot, small, chopped.
- 1/2 bell pepper, chopped.
- 1 tsp tomato paste.
- 1 cup chicken stock.
- 1 bay leaf.
- 2 1/2 tbs olive oil.
- 1 tsp smoked paprika.
- 1/4 tsp celery seeds.
- 1/4 tsp black pepper.
- 2 tbs flour.
- 2 tbs butter.
- 1/4 fresh lemon.
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley.
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, cut into thirds (optional).
- 2 tsp capers (optional).
- To taste, salt and pepper.
The delicious shrimp speak for themselves and the luxurious. Ingredients for Shrimp Dipping Sauce: All you need to make an amazing coconut shrimp sauce is equal parts of sweet chili sauce and apricot preserves or apricot fruit spread. The sweet chili sauce can be found in the Asian food section of the grocery store. I hope you enjoy this Creole/Cajun Shrimp Sauce on Rice recipe!
Step by step how to cook Shrimp in shrimp sauce:
- Dice up the leek, celery, carrot, and bell pepper (I'm going to call this the mirepoix, even though it technically isn't).
- Peel the shrimp, reserving the heads, tails, and shells for the sauce..
- In a large saucepan, heat 1 tbs of oil over medium heat and sauté the mirepoix (with the bay leaf) until tender..
- Add in the tomato paste and and stir until combined..
- Add the reserved heads, tails, and peels to the mirepoix, mix to coat with oil, and press down on them a few times with a spatula to get out all that good shrimp flavor. Sauté for another five minutes or so until the shrimp parts turn red, stirring and pressing occasionally..
- Add the chicken stock, bring the heat up to a boil, then reduce and let simmer until stock is reduced by 1/2 or so..
- In the meantime, make a brown roux with the butter and flour. I did this by melting the butter, adding in the flour and stirring continuously over medium heat for about six minutes or so until it turned caramel colored and gave off a nutty smell. Set roux aside..
- When sauce is reduced, pour the contents of the sauce pan into a strainer over a small saucepan until all you have is the liquid broth..
- Add the celery seeds, paprika, and black pepper to the broth. Bring up the heat and incorporate the roux. Reduce until sauce coats the back of a spoon -- runny but not watery. NOTE: I would use between 1 and 1 1/2 tbs of the roux -- I put 2 tbs in the recipe to err on the side of caution. Taste the sauce and season as necessary; I didn't add any salt because the chicken stock had enough already..
- In a separate pan, heat 1 tbs oil over medium and cook the shrimp with the lemon juice, the dried parsley, and the pepper. I cook the shrimp in batches to avoid crowding. Season to taste..
- For the tomatoes, cook them over medium heat with 1/2 tbs of oil until tender or you can cook them in batches with the shrimp. Season to taste..
- Add shrimp to plate, pour on the sauce, top with tomatoes and capers, and serve..
Tangy, delicious and PERFECT on EVERYTHING Shrimp Sauce Yum Yum Sauce is the quintessential sauce for every hibachi fried rice recipe, stir fry, veggie or literally ANY food you can think of to put it on! Add the shrimp, salt, and black pepper to the pan and stir to combine. Fish Alternatives Squid would be delicious with the garlic sauce. Grilled Shrimp Tacos With Creamy Cilantro Sauce. featured in Shrimp Recipes For True Seafood Lovers. Assemble the tacos on corn tortillas.