Sour cream chocolate cake - Easy to do and Very moist even after warming up leftovers the next day!. Today I am sharing this Sour cream chocolate cake! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 45 minutes! This easy chocolate sour cream cake is made with sour cream, cocoa powder, and hot coffee. It's the perfect balance of decadence and simplicity! Cake is a favorite among birthday celebrations, but there is no need to relegate. Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake. Adapted from my friend Betsy I just made the Sour Cream chocolate Chip cake and it is DELICIOUS!!!
I followed the recipe exactly and is was very easy to make and turned out. This sour cream chocolate cake is moist, fudgy, completely delicious and so easy to make. It's the perfect old-fashioned chocolate cake recipe that How to Make Sour Cream Chocolate Cake.
You can cook Sour cream chocolate cake with 14 Ingredients and 11 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Sour cream chocolate cake:
- 3 squares unsweetened chocolate melted in the microwave or a bain Marie, cooled.
- 2 1/4 cups sifted cake flour.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 1/2 cup softened butter or margarine (I have never used margarine for this recipe but it says you can).
- 2 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar.
- 3 eggs.
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla.
- 1 container (8 oz) full fat sour cream (the short stack container).
- 1 cup boiling water.
- for cocoa frosting :.
- 1 pint whipping cream (35% heavy cream).
- 2/3 cup confectioners sugar.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla.
Sour Cream Chocolate Cake is a simple, classic cake that can be frosted or dusted with powdered sugar. It's dense and chocolatey - a cross I actually set out to make a sour cream brownie, but it was much more cake than brownie…albeit, still delicious. It's soft and loaded with chocolate chips. This Sour Cream Chocolate Cake is the only chocolate cake recipe you will ever need for birthdays and celebrations.
Step by step how to cook Sour cream chocolate cake:
- Melt the chocolate using either method. A bain Marie is the chocolate squares are melted in a bowl fitted over a pan of simmering water. It's important the bowl you have the chocolate in does not come in contact with the water as you don't want to seize the chocolate. When I make this cake I roughly Chop the chocolate and put it in a microwave bowl. Zap for 10 - 15 seconds.. Remove the bowl and stir with a tiny Whisk or spoon. Continue this process until all melted. Remember the melt process continues a little bit with each stir episode. Make sure the chocolate is cooled down but still runny..
- Grease and flour two 9x1 1/2 round cake pans-tap out any excess flour.
- Sift the flour, baking soda & salt onto a piece of wax paper... You're gonna use the wax paper like your scoop.
- Preheat oven to 350f.
- Beat the butter, sugar & eggs in a large bowl with electric mixer on high until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla and chocolate.
- Stir in the dry ingredients alternating with sour cream (I do this in three parts) beat well with spoon (or mixer on low.. You just want to make sure it's well mixed and smooth).
- Stir in 1 cup boiling water to the mix... It will be runny but that's fine.. Split the batter between both pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes or until centers spring back when lightly pressed with fingertips. Cool in pan for 10 minutes then turn into wire racks to cool completely. Split each layer in half crosswise to make 4 layers.
- Fill and frost with whipped cocoa cream.
- To make the frosting put all frosting ingredients in a medium bowl and Whip until the frosting is stiff. I have doubled the frosting recipe for the cake before.. You'll just have some leftover.. Nothing wrong with leftover frosting :).
- I have also added at times a good jam (eg. Raspberry jam) between the layers before frosting and turns out well.
Recipe with step-by-step photos And once you have tried this moist chocolate cake with chocolate sour cream frosting, you will understand why it is the most delicious and perfect. This divine chocolate sour cream cake is light and airy thanks to whipped egg whites. It's also rich and luscious, from a double dose of dairy—sour cream and butter—and cocoa powder. Make the chocolate sour cream Bundt cake. Everyone who tried it fell in love.