Vegetables in Shrimp Paste (Simple Pinakbet) - It was delicious !!!!! Easy to make and a crowd pleaser !!!. Today I am sharing this Vegetables in Shrimp Paste (Simple Pinakbet)! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 15 minutes!
You can cook Vegetables in Shrimp Paste (Simple Pinakbet) with 11 Ingredients and 5 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Vegetables in Shrimp Paste (Simple Pinakbet):
- 1 bowl sliced vegetables.
- 1 small red onion, chopped.
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped.
- 1-2 tomatoes, sliced.
- 2 Tbsp cooking oil.
- 1-2 Tbsp shrimp paste (alamang).
- 1/2 c or more Water.
- to taste Salt.
- to taste Pepper.
- Dash coconut milk (optional).
- 1/4 pork bullion cube (optional, if no protein).
Step by step how to cook Vegetables in Shrimp Paste (Simple Pinakbet):
- Traditional vegetables used are (sliced): bitter gourd (ampalaya), okra, eggplant, string beans, carrots and squash..
- Sauté onions then garlic in oil. Then add tomatoes. Let the juices come out. Add your protein..
- Add water and the squash. Simmer until half cooked..
- Add the other vegetables. Season with salt and pepper. Add the pork bullion to flavor if not adding protein. Taste and adjust. Add a little more water if necessary..
- Sauté in the shrimp paste. You have the option to add coconut milk here. Simmer until veggies are cooked. Serve with rice. Some like it saucy, mine got absorbed since I did not add coconut milk..