Ajiaco | Chicken Creamy Soup - . Today I am sharing this Ajiaco | Chicken Creamy Soup! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 15 minutes!
You can cook Ajiaco | Chicken Creamy Soup with 18 Ingredients and 3 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Ajiaco | Chicken Creamy Soup:
- 3 pounds chicken breast.
- 3 teaspoons vegetable oil.
- 3 minced garlic cloves.
- 1/2 chopped medium onion.
- 10 "papa criollas" (petite).
- 3 Yukon gold potates or "papa amarilla", peeled & cut in 4.
- 2 Russet or white potatoes, peeled & cut in 4.
- 5 fresh corns, cut in 2 pieces.
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro.
- 1/2 cup guascas.
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped.
- 10 cups chicken broth.
- 5 cups water.
- 1 teaspoon a dried oregano.
- 1 cup heavy cream.
- 1/2 cup capers.
- 3 avocados (optional).
- to taste Salt and black pepper.
Step by step how to cook Ajiaco | Chicken Creamy Soup:
- Place the chicken breast (in strips), chicken broth, water, garlic, onion, cilantro, scallions, oil, and salt and pepper into a large pot. Boil them over medium-high heat for about 35mins, or until the chicken is cooked and tender..
- Add to the pot the three types of potatoes (yellow, white, and creole), and guascas. Cook for 20mins more. Make sure that the “papa amarilla” has melted with the soup..
- Correct with salt and pepper as needed. Add the cilantro and oregano on top. Serve it with capers, heavy cream, and pieces of avocado on the side..