Chickpea "cookie dough" - It was delicious !!!!! Easy to make and a crowd pleaser !!!. Today I am sharing this Chickpea "cookie dough"! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 20 minutes! This Chickpea Cookie Dough is made from wholesome ingredients, but will still satisfy your sweet tooth! Mix halfway then add chickpea water to help consistency. Add chocolate chips to mixed dough. Is there anything better than raw cookie dough? NOW THERE IS: Chickpea Cookie Dough Dip!
Just as tasty but also healthy! Honestly, I'd heard about making cookie dough with chickpeas for a while. But I wasn't so sure about it.
You can cook Chickpea "cookie dough" with 8 Ingredients and 7 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Chickpea "cookie dough":
- 8 dates, soaked.
- 250 grams cooked chickpeas (or canned).
- 2 tbsp peanut butter (or other nut butter).
- 1 tsp carob powder (or cocoa).
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract.
- almond milk.
- agave syrup.
- 50 grams mini chocolate chips.
I've made brownies with pumpkin, avocado, and black beans before but never cookie dough with. Chickpea cookie dough is a great alternative to traditional cookie dough that's loaded with sugar (and not to mention eggs!). The texture of the chickpeas, though unexpected, create a creamy base. Chickpea Cookie Dough: joke or jackpot?
Step by step how to cook Chickpea "cookie dough":
- Process the soaked dates in a food processor until smooth. You may need to scrape the sides occasionally..
- Add the chickpeas and process again until smooth..
- Add the rest of the ingredients EXCEPT for the chocolate chips and process until smooth..
- If the mixture is too thick, thin it out with almond milk. Add a couple of tbsp each time and blend..
- If you find the mixture not sweet at all, add a couple tbsp of agave syrup. The dates normally give enough sweetness. Keep in mind that the chocolate chips are gonna make it even sweeter so don't add too much syrup..
- Stir in the chocolate chips..
- Refrigerate, serve and enjoy :).
All in all, the dip is fair. But does it taste like cookie dough? My nut butter of choice was peanut butter, which I thought. Who doesn't love scraping cookie dough out of the bowl? Dairy-free, egg-free, and no-bake, this Even better, using blended chickpeas mixed with almond butter and sweetened with honey, vanilla.