Crock-Pot Beef Pot Roast - . Today I am sharing this Crock-Pot Beef Pot Roast! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 20 minutes! This easy slow cooker roast beef recipe with potatoes, rosemary, and carrots makes for an easy impressive dinner. Pour over beef broth and Worcestershire. Slow cooker pot roast is made with only five ingredients plus water. It's an easy pot roast recipe with onion soup mix and veggies. This easy slow cooker pot roast needs only five common ingredients plus water—you can even substitute vegetables you have on hand or omit them altogether.
Once the crock pot roast is fully cooked and the veggies are nice and tender, remove them from the slow cooker to a serving platter. Pour in beef broth, then set the browned chuck roast on top. Transfer the meat and vegetables to a serving.
You can cook Crock-Pot Beef Pot Roast with 17 Ingredients and 5 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Crock-Pot Beef Pot Roast:
- 2-3 lbs Boneless Blade Roast or Chuck Roast (Trimmed).
- 2 Medium Onions Quartered or Coarsely Chopped.
- 6 Cloves Garlic Minced.
- 5 Sprigs Thyme.
- 2 lb Yukon Gold Potatoes Peeled & Diced 1-2" Cubes.
- 4 Large Carrots or One Bag Baby Carrots Cut into 1" Pieces.
- 32 oz Carton Beef Broth (use less if you like less gravy).
- 2 Tbs Dijon Mustard.
- 1 Tbs Brown Sugar or Coconut Sugar.
- 2 Tbs Organic All Purpose Flour.
- 4-6 Beef Bouillon Cubes or 4-6 tsp Bouillon Powder.
- 1 Cup Red Wine.
- 1 Bay Leaf.
- 2 Tbs Olive Oil.
- Garlic Powder.
Cuts of beef that perform well for pot roasting go by many different names: Blade roast, cross-rib roast (or shoulder clod), seven-bone pot roast, arm pot roast, and boneless chuck roast are all acceptable cuts. Either way, this roast beef recipe will become unbelievably tender and flavorful in. Pot roasts typically use the tougher cuts of beef—a chuck roast or shoulder roast—which have the most flavor. Slow cooking at low heat is what melts the tough connective tissue between the muscle fibers, leaving you with tender meat that pulls apart with your fork.
Step by step how to cook Crock-Pot Beef Pot Roast:
- Season all sides of Beef Roast with Salt, Pepper, and Garlic Powder. Season to your taste..
- Heat Olive Oil in skillet over Medium to Medium High heat. Brown all sides of roast. Place Roast in a large Crock-Pot..
- On top of Roast, layer in Onions, Garlic, Potatoes, Thyme, Carrots, Bouillon Cubes, and Bay Leaf. Pour in Red Wine. Add some Salt and Pepper. Remember, the Bouillon adds a lot of Sodium, so you won't need as much Salt..
- In a separate cup or bowl, pour in around a cup of the Beef Broth. Add in Flour, Dijon, and Brown Sugar. Whisk until mixed. Pour into Crock-Pot along with the rest of the Broth..
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours or until the vegetables are soft and the gravy has thickened. The longer it cooks, the better. Taste for seasoning, and add more if needed. Remove Bay Leaf and Thyme Stems, before serving..
For pot roasts, and other slow. Ultimate Pot Roast recipe with meltingly tender beef, vegetables and potato, cooked in a wickedly delicious gravy. Pot Roast - fall apart beef, tender flavour infused vegetables and potatoes smothered in a rich gravy. It's mouthwateringly good, yet simple to make, especially if you use a slow. Place the roast back into the pot and add enough beef stock to cover the meat halfway.