Fondant Cake - Easy to do and Very moist even after warming up leftovers the next day!. Today I am sharing this Fondant Cake! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 30 minutes! So you want to fondant a cake, but you've heard it's too difficult? It may seem challenging, but it's not as hard as you might think. With a little practice and know-how, you'll be able to easily fondant a cake. Cake Decorating with Fondant: Kneading, Rolling and Storing I didn't even know other brands of fondant existed.
Fondant icing, also commonly referred to simply as fondant (/ˈfɒndənt/, from the French: [fɔ̃dɑ̃] listen ), is an icing used to decorate or sculpt cakes and pastries. Shape the fondant cake with a cake decorating smoother. How to Decorate Cakes with Fondant.
You can cook Fondant Cake with 16 Ingredients and 5 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Fondant Cake:
- for Fondant-.
- 2 cups Castor Sugar.
- 2 tbsp Maizena.
- 2 tbsp Glycerine.
- 2 tbsp Agar Agar.
- as required Icing Sugar for dusting.
- 1 tbsp Glucose Syrup.
- For Sponge Cake-.
- 1 tin Condensed Milk.
- 140 grams Flour.
- 60 grams Butter.
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder.
- 1/2 tsp Soda.
- 1/2 Cup Water.
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence.
- as required Buttercream for spreading.
Once you have covered your cake or cupcakes with fondant, the fun cake decorating begins! Best cake to use under fondant. The taste of this fondant suitable cake is very good but pretty neutral, meaning that you can fill it with just about anything you like, without worrying that the flavors won't go. Fondant cake designs can be smooth and simple or elaborate and elegant.
Step by step how to cook Fondant Cake:
- Firstly for the fondant,Soak the Agar Agar in water for 15 minutes.Now add to this Maizena and mix it to avoid Lumps.Now to this add Glucose Syrup,glycerine and castor sugar.Knead this very well and mix well.Put in a good wrap and let it rest for atleast 12 hours.Then dust it in Icing Sugar and then knead well once again.
- Divide the Fondant into 2 parts.Roll one part of it and then place over the cake.Now your fondant is ready.
- For the cake,Sieve together the flour,soda and Baking Powder.Beat the butter and condensed milk together.Pour in the water and essence and beat it again.Add the flour mixture to it and fold it well.Pour into a greased container and bake at 200°C for 40 Minutes.Now cut the cake sideways into 3 thick slices.In the first spread buttercream.Now put the second piece on top and then spread buttercream on it aswell.Now put the last slice on top and apply buttercream on it and on the sides of the cake.
- Place fondant on top..
- Now you may make other shapes from fondant and apply to the top of the cake and then decorate as you wish.Now it's ready to serve!.
A smooth, fondant cake is beautiful even without extensive decorations, and fondant is a popular choice for wedding cakes. Bolo Fondant Fondant Toppers Fondant Cakes Cupcake Cakes Fondant Figures Cake Decorating Tutorials Cookie Decorating Clay Projects Clay Crafts. It has a mild vanilla flavor. For colored fondant, knead in a dash of food coloring. Learn How to Make Rolled Fondant for easy cake decorating as part of my Bold Baking Basics.