Lebkuchen (German Gingerbread) - It was delicious !!!!! Easy to make and a crowd pleaser !!!. Today I am sharing this Lebkuchen (German Gingerbread)! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 40 minutes!
You can cook Lebkuchen (German Gingerbread) with 11 Ingredients and 6 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Lebkuchen (German Gingerbread):
- 300 g cane sugar.
- 5 eggs, medium size.
- 500 g ground hazelnuts.
- 15 g gingerbread spice mix.
- 0.5 tbsp cinnamon.
- 25 g candied orange peel.
- 25 g candied lemon peel.
- 0.5 tsp lemon peel.
- 1 knive point of hartshorn or potash.
- wafer paper, diameter 70 mm.
- dark couverture chocolate.
Step by step how to cook Lebkuchen (German Gingerbread):
- Mix eggs and cane sugar until foamy. Chop candied orange and lemon peel. Since I am not a big fan of them I chop them rather finely so I do not bite on it in the Lebkuchen..
- Add the rest of the ingredients. First the spices, potash/hartshorn and lemon peel, mix throughly. Than the candied lemon and orange peel and the ground hazelnuts..
- Than add the candied lemon and orange peel and the ground hazelnuts and mix throughly..
- Spread with a knife on the wafer paper and put on a baking tray with baking parchment. Let sit in the oven overnight. The photo shows how they look the nex morning..
- The next morning: Take out the baking tray(s). Preheat the oven to 130 °C. Bake the cookies for 40 min. Let cool. (Photo: to the left the baked Lebkuchen, to the right how they look after a nights` lodging in the cold oven.).
- Glaze with dark couverture chocolate and decorate to taste with almonds or candied cherries. Enjoy! But only after the flavours had two weeks in the bisquit tin to mingle... ;).