Miguel’s Adobo Chicken (InstaPot Version) - . Today I am sharing this Miguel’s Adobo Chicken (InstaPot Version)! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 35 minutes!
You can cook Miguel’s Adobo Chicken (InstaPot Version) with 19 Ingredients and 7 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Miguel’s Adobo Chicken (InstaPot Version):
- Adobo Seasoning:.
- 4 tbs Paprika (I use Smoked Paprika occasionally for a more smoky flavor).
- 3 tbs Ground Black Pepper.
- 2 tbs Onion Powder.
- 2 tbs Cumin.
- 2 tbs Mexican Oregano (regular will work in a pinch).
- 1 tbs Chipotle Powder.
- 1 tbs Garlic Powder.
- to taste Salt,.
- 6 dried Guajillo Chili Pods.
- 2 dried Ancho Chili Pods.
- 2 cups Chicken Stock.
- 1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar.
- 6 cloves garlic, minced.
- 4 tbs Tomato Paste.
- 2-3 lbs Chicken Breast.
- 2-3 tbs cooking oil.
Step by step how to cook Miguel’s Adobo Chicken (InstaPot Version):
- Mix the adobo ingredients together in a small mixing bowl. If you have leftover, you can save it for next time or use it in place of taco seasoning, etc..
- Coat the chicken with salt and the adobo seasoning on all sides and place covered in the fridge for at least 3-4 hours or overnight..
- For the sauce, boil 4 cups of water. While the water is heating up, take the dried chili’s and remove stems and seeds. Once water reaches a boil, remove from heat and submerge dried peppers in the water. Cover and steep for 15 minutes..
- While the peppers are steeping, place the chicken stock, vinegar, garlic, and tomato paste in a blender. When the chili’s are ready, add to blender also and blend until smooth..
- In a large pan, heat approx 2-3 tbs oil on med-high heat. When oil is hot, sauté the chicken for approx 7-8 mins on each side until browned well..
- Move browned chicken to the InstaPot and cover with the sauce. Set cooker on high pressure for 20 minutes and let pressure decrease naturally (approx 15-20 mins)..
- Serve topped chopped onions and cilantro with a side of rice or serve in tacos with your favorite toppings! Yumm!!.