Potato Pumpkin Mashers - Easy to do and Very moist even after warming up leftovers the next day!. Today I am sharing this Potato Pumpkin Mashers! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 40 minutes!
You can cook Potato Pumpkin Mashers with 7 Ingredients and 4 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Potato Pumpkin Mashers:
- 8 cup cubed peeled pie pumpkin (about 2 pounds).
- 8 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cubed (about 2 pounds).
- 3/4 cup skim milk.
- 8 tbsp butter, softened, divided.
- 1 tsp salt, divided.
- 1 tbsp olive oil.
- 1/4 tsp coarsely ground pepper.
Step by step how to cook Potato Pumpkin Mashers:
- Place pumpkin in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until tender..
- Meanwhile, place potatoes in another saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until tender..
- Drain potatoes; return to pan. Mash potatoes, adding 1/4 cup milk, 4 tablespoons butter and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add additional milk if needed to reach desired consistency. Transfer to a serving bowl; keep warm..
- Drain pumpkin; return to pan. Mash pumpkin, gradually adding the remaining butter and salt and enough remaining milk to reach desired consistency; spoon evenly over potatoes. Cut through mashed vegetables with a spoon or knife to swirl. Drizzle with olive oil; sprinkle with pepper. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings..