Pozole Rojo - Turned out great! Very moist.. Today I am sharing this Pozole Rojo! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 25 minutes!
You can cook Pozole Rojo with 16 Ingredients and 5 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Pozole Rojo:
- soaked peppers.
- 6 Guajillo Peppers.
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar.
- 2 cup water.
- cabbage, lettuce, cilantro and/or peppers - optional.
- 1/4 cup lard.
- 5 lb Pork Butt Shoulder.
- 2 red onions chopped.
- 1 tsp cumin.
- 2 tbsp Mexican Oregano.
- 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning.
- 1 tbls heaping beef bullion.
- salt and pepper.
- 1 number 10 can of white hominy.
Step by step how to cook Pozole Rojo:
- Cut of the stems of the dried peppers. Place in microwave with vinegar and water. Set on high for 4 minutes. Place ingredients into a blender and liquify. Add more water if necessary..
- Cut pork into 1 to 2 inch cubes. Heat lard in a heavy bottom pot or dutch oven. Brown pork and add onions..
- Add blended peppers, seasonings and water to cover the pork by 2 inches. Brink to a slow boil. Reduce heat to a very low simmer and cook for 5 to 6 hrs until the pork is very tender..
- Add drained hominy and cook for another hour. Add more water if needed..
- Place cabbage or lettuce, cilantro and diced peppers in a bowl if desired. Pour stew on top..