Puto Maya/Sticky Rice - Turned out great! Very moist.. Today I am sharing this Puto Maya/Sticky Rice! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 45 minutes!
You can cook Puto Maya/Sticky Rice with 5 Ingredients and 6 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Puto Maya/Sticky Rice:
- 1 1/2 cup glutinous rice or malagkit rice.
- 400 ml coconut milk or gata.
- 1/4 cup sugar.
- 1/2 tsp salt.
- 1 tbsp chopped ginger.
Step by step how to cook Puto Maya/Sticky Rice:
- Wash glutinous rice to remove impurities and until water is clear. Soak it in water overnight..
- In a bowl, mix coconut milk, sugar, salt and ginger. Then pour in the liquid mixture and the glutinous rice in a wok..
- Cook in medium heat. Make sure to stir from time to time to prevent rice from sticking at the bottom of the pan..
- Once the milk turns to transparent or oily, thats your cue that its ready to be transferred in the steamer..
- Place banana leaves at the bottom and place your partially cooked malagkit rice. Steam for 20-30mins..
- Pasck it in banana leaves and serve with hot sikwate, muscovado sugar or ripe mango..