Sobzee's Filled pastry dough - It was delicious !!!!! Easy to make and a crowd pleaser !!!. Today I am sharing this Sobzee's Filled pastry dough! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 20 minutes!
You can cook Sobzee's Filled pastry dough with 11 Ingredients and 10 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Sobzee's Filled pastry dough:
- Pastry dough.
- 3 1/4 cup Flour.
- 1 tbsp instant rapid rise yeast (not instant dry yeast), make sure you buy instant rapid rise yeast.
- 3 tbsp Sugar.
- 1 tsp salt.
- 1 tsp baking powder.
- 1/4 cup Vegetable oil.
- 1/4 cup yogurt.
- 1 cup Lukewarm water.
- 1 small beaten egg.
- 1 can be made plain or filled ( it can be filled with a sweet filling or a savory one), here i have filled them with feta cheese and thyme, you can also fill them with Tuna, minced meat or chicken, sausage... anything you like).
Step by step how to cook Sobzee's Filled pastry dough:
- To make the Dough: In a bowl, put the flour, add the yeast, salt, baking powder, sugar, and oil, mix well with a spoon.
- When the mixture resembles small sand pebbles, make a well in the middle of the mixture then add the warm water and yogurt.
- Knead for 4-5 minutes until the dough becomes soft and malleable, with the addition of more flour if necessary..
- Form the dough into a ball and place it in a dish dusted with flour, Grease the surface with a little oil..
- Cover the dish and Put it in a warm place to ferment the dough until it doubles in size. (Fermentation time depends on the temperature of the place where it is being kept in, from 20 -60 minutes).
- On a surface sprinkled with flour, start rolling the dough with the rolling pin, cut the dough as per desire and fill it (I filled some with cheese and some with Tuna).
- Preheat oven to 190°F celsius with the oven rack in the middle.
- Set the filled pastry well covered aside until it doubles in size.
- Brush the pastry pieces lightly with the beaten egg.. don't put too much so the bottom and sides of your pasrty don't burn or brown faster than the rest of the pastry.
- Bake pastry for 20-25 minutes and enjoy.