Stuffed Tomatoes - . Today I am sharing this Stuffed Tomatoes! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 45 minutes! Stuffed tomatoes (Azerbaijani: Pomidor dolması) (Turkish: Domates dolması) are made of tomatoes stuffed with meat (lamb) and rice. The ingredients are ground meat, rice, onion, parsley, olive oil, mint. These stuffed tomatoes are full of sausage, rice and plenty of cheese, then topped with parmesan and breadcrumbs and baked to perfection. A unique main course that's sure to get rave reviews! I make this dish often - my family really likes it.
Place tomatoes in a baking dish; cover tomatoes with aluminum foil to prevent over-browning of stuffing. Stuffed tomatoes can be made in numerous ways, all delicious and filling. They can be used as a meal on their own with a bit of rice or couscous.
You can cook Stuffed Tomatoes with 16 Ingredients and 11 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Stuffed Tomatoes:
- 1/2 lb ground beef.
- 1/2 onion; diced.
- 1 stalk celery; diced.
- 1/2 carrot; diced.
- 3 garlic cloves; diced.
- 4 tomatoes preferably beefsteak tomatoes.
- 1 bellpepper.
- 1 Yukon gold potato; cut into wedges.
- 3/4 ths cup short-grain rice.
- 1-2 tbsp tomato paste.
- 1 tbsp sugar.
- 1 cup chicken broth (water is fine).
- Feta cheese.
Tomatoes hollowed out and stuffed with canned tomatoes with green chile peppers, bread crumbs, cheese This is a wonderful easy stuffed tomato recipe. I am surprised there isn't that many reviews. Take advantage of juicy summer tomatoes. Tomatoes stuffed with pork, herbs and cheese and served with a rich tomato sauce.
Step by step how to cook Stuffed Tomatoes:
- Cut the tops off the tomatoes and bell pepper. Keep them as they will be your lid. Excavate the tomato insides and set aside in a bowl..
- Sauté the onions and garlic until they reduce in size and turn slightly brown. Add in the celery and carrots and cook until reduced/browned. Adding salt helps!.
- Brown the ground beef until no longer pink. Add the sugar. More salt..
- Add the tomato paste and rice and sauté for 2 mins..
- Preheat oven to 370F..
- Pour in the tomato insides and 1 cup of chicken broth. Simmer for 10 mins. Taste, add more salt and pepper if needed..
- Before we stuff, mix in the parsley, mint, and dill..
- Fillerup! I put potato wedges in between the veggies. Drizzle olive oil and yes - salt & pepper! Pour in half cup of water to the pan..
- Cover lightly with foil and bake for 1 hr..
- Uncover and broil until slightly charred..
- Serve with feta cheese on top. Enjoy!.
For the stuffed tomatoes, trim the bases of the tomatoes so they sit flat on the work surface. Lidia prepares baked tomatoes stuffed with bread crumbs, cheese, and an egg. Cut off the top of the tomato and remove the insides. Fill with cooked sausage, crack in an egg and added shredded cheese. These tomatoes are stuffed with a delicious quinoa-spinach mixture and topped with a variety of I also hope someone makes these Quinoa Stuffed Tomatoes for you… Those who do make them will.